I’m fed up with my local bank. They close at 6pm, I usually work til 6pm.
So I’m looking for an online checking account that I could use as my wife and I’s primary checking account. I’d prefer to have something with no fees and some sort of mobile deposit option. Here’s the options I’ve researched so far…
Online Checking Account Options
- Ally – No ATM fees is awesome. Rate is decent. No overdraft fee with a linked savings account, nice.
- BankSimple – Looks really sweet, already signed up for waiting list
- Citibank – Pass
- E*Trade – Pass
- Everbank – No ATMs where I live. $8.95 fee unless
- ING Direct Electric Checking – Lots of ATM’s but no refunds on non-partner ATMs is a bummer
- Nationwide Bank – 3K to avoid $10 fee. No thanks.
- PerkStreet – Way too many restrictions for me. Doesn’t seem worth the hassle.
- USAA – Great customer service, nice mobile options for iPhone/Android
- Schwabb – Billpay restrictions no cool.