From age 21-23 I accumulated day trading losses of over $250,000. I traded with money from loans as well as trading my mother’s account (to the tune of 150K in losses). Now I’m trying to get out of debt.
In other words, I was the stupidest kid ever.
I finally started getting my act together in Jan. of 2007, after a last ditch effort to convince my mother to let me trade more (with her money, not even using a free broker like Zecco)…I hit rock bottom. I confessed what I had done to my family, and started to clean up. I saw a counselor for some time, short sold my home, lived in my office for 2 months, declared bankruptcy and completely revamped my small business…and that was just the 2nd half of 2007.
I started this blog originally as just a journey to keep me on track, as well as have a place to process everything that was happening. That’s still pretty much the focus of the blog, though I do write some helpful posts like how to raise your credit score from time to time.
I don’t know what my future is going to look like. I do know that I’ve grown a ton in the past year, largely in part because of this blog. My readers keep me accountable and inspire me to keep going, even when I get overwhelmed with the enormity of the situation.
“a man must take responsibility for his actions” – Lee Adama ( Battlestar Gallactica, 1st Season)
- contact me: [email protected]
I’m open to interviews and I could talk for hours on the follow topics:
- foreclosures, short sales (ie, how I short sold my home)
- bankruptcy (I did a Chapter 7)
- 20′s and money problems (I’m 27….)
- day trading/forex trading losses
- being frugal
- dealing with debt
- April 2010 – Total Debt: $128,200
- Personal Debt – Sept 2009: $177,266
- January 2009 – Total Debt: $364,989
- December 2008 – Total Debt: $367,608
- November 2008 – Total Debt: $368,108
- October 2008 - Total Debt: $369,508
- September 2008 – Total Debt: $372,220
- December 2007 - Total Debt: $390,610
Clicky clicky. you know you want too…
I’ve got a great new online coupons section open now. It’s updated with the latest deals from hundreds of merchants including: